Established in 2012 by the Wichita Wagonmasters, the Good Life Grants at WF are committed to benefiting the quality of life for Wichitans. The fund serves a wide range of projects enabling more people to enjoy the good life and to promote Wichita as a great place to live, work and play. Applications open October 1, 2023.
Wichita Wagonmasters was formed by a group of civic-minded business executives with a single purpose: To promote and sell the good life in Wichita. The civic and social activities of the founders, and now of the total membership, are as wide and varied as the personalities of the members themselves.
The Wichita Wagonmasters Fund at WF will consider requests beginning at $250, with a maximum of $1,000.
- Serve Wichita, Kansas
- Avoid duplication of existing services
- Collaborate with or facilitate collaboration among nonprofit organizations
- Suggest creative & practical approaches to community problems
- Exhibit measurable results
- Address prevention as well as remediation
The Fund also selects organizations that…
- Demonstrate present & future sustainability
- Are fiscally sound
- Leverage other funding sources when available
- Capital equipment, improvements and construction
Requests not accepted
- General support of operating budgets, reduction of organizational debt
- Direct lobbying or influencing of elections
- Tax-supported government functions, funding individuals
- Unnecessary duplication of existing services
- Fundraising campaigns and expenses
- Beauty or talent contests
- Support of religious organizations of religious purposes
- Courtesy advertising.